We are a network of community groups and councils in townships and urban areas supporting each other to involve local residents, schools and businesses to join us in caring for the native plants and animals of our communities.
Our goals are
- to nurture our flora, fauna and environment
- to build skills, confidence and ownership in caring for the land and its wildlife
- to strengthen connections between residents, their community, nature and place
- to improve health and wellbeing through experiencing and caring for nature
- to build a network of environmental stewards and champions
- to collect stories and data about the impact of our work
We promote community group-local government partnerships as hubs to develop programs that meet their social and ecological needs and aspirations. We foster collaboration, connections and wellbeing alongside environmental objectives.
We began in 2016. We share ideas and resources, celebrate success, solve problems, and link individuals who can help each other. We provide workshops on how to implement wildlife gardening programs and how we can assess their impact. We welcome you to join us.
We are supported by:
Victoria Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority
Our participants in municipalities across Victoria.